Royal Mail has confirmed that they will be taking industrial strike action over 4 days later this month and at the start of September. Members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and mail are taking part in the strike action over the below dates:
- 26th August and 31st August
- 8th September and 9th September
Royal Mail has advised they are sorry for the disruption that the strike action is likely to cause and want to reassure everyone they will do everything they can to minimise disruption and get services back to normal as quickly as possible.
They have well-developed contingency plans, but they cannot fully replace the daily efforts of their frontline workforce. They will do what they can to keep services running, but customers should expect significant disruption. During the strike action they will:
- Deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels wherever possible
- Prioritise delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- They will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery).
Royal Mail thanks everyone for your patience and understanding during this time.