Business Development Manager Import/Export
Office Location: Worminghall, Bucks, HP18 9JX
Type: Hybrid Working, Full-Time, Permanent. Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
Start Date: ASAP
Overall Job Purpose
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for prospecting and closing £500k of new business for customs clearance in the eCommerce small parcel sector.
Facilitate the handover of new accounts to customer services/account management teams.
Look to upsell and cross sell across all new business wins.
- Identify international new business opportunities
- Work with the Sales Director to offer the best commercial solution for customer needs
- Developing new business and building professional relationships with new customers/clients.
- Utilising all available platforms to connect and create a network of new business.
- Converting new business into successful sales.
- Attending meetings with management to relay sales pipeline information
- Providing excellent customer service by ensuring all relevant parties are kept well informed and satisfied with the service offered.
- To escalate as appropriate, all queries, requests, complaints, and problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times
- Keep up to date with current legislation for customs clearance
- Adhere to and follow all HMRC & Border Force’s legal regulations to maintain compliance with the operating of an ETSF.
- Ensure Security protocols are always maintained including securing of the doors to the warehouse and enforcing access control to ensure no unauthorised access
- Follow and adhere to the UKP company values
Required Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of customs clearance procedures
- Experience working with international 3PLs, online retailers, customs brokers and freight forwarders
- Must have good IT skills, intermediate Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, E-Customs knowledge and ideally experience and knowledge of using Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Proficient in using Microsoft Teams and other platforms for web calls
- Minimum of 5 years operating in customs clearance industry.
- Full understanding of Industry Standard legislation and documentation
- Competent with general freight forwarding road, air and sea.
- Working knowledge of AEO and ETSF
Required Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in customs clearance
- Understanding and knowledge of the Importation and export of goods to and from the UK and all customs systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of NCTS or NES would be advantageous but not essential.
- All candidates will be subject to a 5-year work and or education check. Any gaps in employment greater than 28 days will require an explanation/verification.
- In addition, a full clean security check is required for this role.
- Photo ID and right to work in the UK must be provided during the interview process.
Values, Attitude and Skillset
- Integrity/Open & Honest
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Dependable, Productive, High Quality and Positive with a can-do Attitude
- Team player
- Ability to learn
- Ability to follow written instructions/ directions with high accuracy levels
- Ability to work independently
- IT skilled with good verbal and written communication ability
- Flexible, and willing to respond to the needs of the business in terms of working hours.
- Overseas travel as required by the business
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please!