Location: Worminghall, Bucks, HP18 9JX
Type: Full Time, Permanent. Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
Start Date: ASAP
This is an exciting new opportunity to work within the UKP Worldwide Operations Team as a Multi Skilled Warehouse Operative. You will be responsible for operating mechanical handling equipment, assist in maximising machine output and maintaining the highest levels of mailing and parcel logistic quality.
Working closely with team colleagues, you will be tasked with achieving daily production goals in terms of barcoded order picking and packing, machine loading and offloading whilst working with minimal supervision and to the highest standards, you will ensure all deadlines are met.
To be considered for this position, you must have experience of working in a fast paced processing environment; possess strong attention to detail with excellent IT and communication skills. A flexible, motivated approach to learning and change is also essential.
Whilst not essential, the experience of using any production machinery would be beneficial to your application.
Safety and efficiently working with a variety of equipment is involved in the preparation of parcel, mail and pallets, including such activities as weighing, order picking, packing and labelling various sized consignments, preparing for shipping, goods in and despatch could with a variety of additional warehouse duties.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manually handling (lifting and/or stacking) bags and boxes and machine loading.
- Operating various pieces of warehouse material handling equipment.
- Completing all paperwork neatly and correctly.
- Maintain a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes co-operation with your colleagues.
- Taking proper care of equipment used while performing the job.
- Co-operating with the UKP Team, i.e. your fellow employees and management.
- Performing other duties as required by management to meet customer and business needs.
- Maintaining clean work areas.
- Ability to lift up to 17 kilos repetitively.
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment.
- Stamina/endurance to perform physical functions of the job throughout the day.
- May require flexibility in attendance to satisfy customer’s needs.
Values, Attitude & Skillset:
- Integrity/Open & Honest
- Dependable, Productive, High Quality and Positive with a Can do Attitude
- Team player
- Ability to learn
- Ability to follow written instructions/ directions with high accuracy levels
- Ability to work independently
- IT skilled with good verbal and written communication ability
- Objectives will be set together with your line Manager and monitored in Monthly Performance development Reviews
- Annual Performance review against set objectives
Working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
The holiday package starts at 20 days per annum plus bank holidays
Employees must have the ability to independently travel to and from UKP Worldwide relatively remote place of work.
Compliance with UKP Worldwide security requirements and screening is essential:
All candidates will be subject to a 5-year work and or education check. Any gaps in employment greater than 28 days will require an explanation. In addition, a full clean security check is required for this role. All applicants must complete an application form. Please see the download link at the bottom of this page.
Photo ID and right to work in the UK must be provided during the interview process.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all applicants will be required to fill an application form which will be sent out to the email address on your CV.