Are you a team player? Do you like to make a difference? Why not download an Application Form to find out more about joining our team?
Job title: Production Operative
Location: Worminghall, HP18 9JX. Near Thame
Salary: £17,500 - £21,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (09:00-17:00)
Holidays: 20 days holiday per annum (plus statutory bank holidays)
UKP Worldwide are leaders in managing international deliveries for over 15 years. Specialising in the mail and fulfilment of magazines, periodicals, direct mail and providing a fully managed shipping and returns service for international eCommerce parcels.
An exciting new opportunity within the UKP Production Team as a Production Operative, you will be responsible for operating mechanical handling equipment, assist in maximising machine output and maintaining the highest levels of mailing and parcel logistic quality.
Working closely with the Asst. Production Manager and co-operators, you will be tasked with achieving daily production goals in terms of barcoded order picking and packing, machine loading and offloading whilst working with minimal supervision and to the highest standards, you will ensure all deadlines are met.
To be considered for this position, you must have experience of working in a fast-paced processing environment; possess strong attention to detail with excellent IT and communication skills. A flexible, motivated approach to learning and change is also essential.
Whilst not essential, experience of using any production machinery would be beneficial to your application.
Safely and efficiently work with various equipment involved in the preparation of mail, parcels and pallets, including such activities as weighing, order picking, packing and labelling various sized consignments, preparing for shipping, coupled with various additional warehouse duties.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes co-operation with your colleagues
- Manually handling (lifting and/or stacking) bags and boxes and machine loading
- Operating various pieces of warehouse material handling equipment
- Completing all paperwork nearly and correctly
- Taking proper care of equipment used while performing the job
- Co-operating with UKPW Team, i.e. your fellow employees and management
- Performing other duties as required by management to meet customer and business needs
- Maintaining clean work areas
- Ability to lift up to 17 kilos repetitively
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment
- Stamina/endurance to perform physical functions of the job throughout the day
- May require flexibility in attendance to satisfy customer needs
Values, Attitude & Skillset:
- Integrity/Open & Honest
- Dependable, productive, high quality and positive with a can-do attitude
- Team player
- Ability to learn
- Ability to follow written instructions/directions with high accuracy levels
- Ability to work independently
- IT skilled with good verbal and written communication ability
- Objectives will be set together with your line Manager and monitored by Monthly Performance Development Reviews
- Annual Performance reviewed against set objectives
Important Notes & Considerations:
Employees must have the ability to independently travel to and from UKP Worldwide's relatively remote place of work
A full clean security check is required for this role. You will need to have a solid 5-year work/education history, however, we will consider applicants that are able to provide references for any gaps of more than 28 days.
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to the Production Manager, Andre Domingues at email@example.com.Download Application Form